Employment Contract Letter
An Employment Contract letter is given by the company to a successful job applicant to consider accepting the offered position at the company. The agreement letter needs to contain details of employment for the successful candidate’s consideration before accepting the offered job. The contract letter is binding and formal in the employment of a potential employee. This letter forms a formal closure to the onboarding process of an employee as it has the signatures of both the parties. i.e. the employer and the potential employee.
An employment contract letter needs to clearly specify all the terms and conditions so as to not have confusions later. It should clearly communicate the start date and the end date of the contract. Also, the details of the compensation need to be elaborately explained as well. The job role also needs to be elucidated clearly. The contract letter needs to also have the terms and conditions for the termination or forfeit of the contract.
The following is a sample of Employment Contract Letter.
1946 Clifford Street, Oakland,
February 9, 2011
Claudine L. Hamilton,
4836 Lady Bug Drive, Appleton,
Subject: Employment Contract
Dear Miss Hamilton,
We are pleased to extend our job offer letter to you for the role of the research assistant that you had interviewed for on 07.02.2011.
The following information is pertaining to this offer along with the terms and conditions regarding the same.
Herewith this letter serves as an employment contract between you and Deroche Marketing should you accept the offered position of Research Assistant with Deroche Marketing.
The details of the employment contract are as follows:
- Position Offered: Research Assistant
- Employment Duration: 1-year contract (from February 15, 2011, to February 14, 2012)
- Working Hours: Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays)
From 9 am to 6 pm
- Responsibility: To assist in the market research of Deroche Marketing products to gauge their marketing viability. Need to perform field study and document and report the findings.
- Reporting Supervisor: Mr. Joe Manning, Research Manager.
- Salary Offering: $240,000 per annum
- Terms & Condition: Either party to give at least three weeks’ notice for termination of the contract before the expiry of the contract.
- The employee needs to pay three months’ salary as compensation in case of forfeiting the contract.
Please revert with your decision to accept or decline this job offer with the stated employment contract terms above by 13.02.2011 after which this offer will be withdrawn. Do read all the terms and conditions thoroughly before accepting and signing on the dotted line.